Lazblog

Your source for the humorous commentary, clever poetry, curious thoughts, dumb jokes and inane ramblings of Adam Lazarus.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What the Heck Is Labor Day?

“What the Heck Is Labor Day?” by Adam Lazarus

Labor Day, oh Labor Day,
What'sit celebratin’ anyway?
Does someone know? Cause I’m not sure,
Just what this holiday is for.

Who does this day venerate?
What does it commemorate?
What is Labor Day about?
This one I can't figure out.

Is it for the bosses?
Or a tired employee?
Members of some union?
For socialized industry?

Does it honor pregnant women?
Men who work the land?
Labor Day, oh Labor Day,
I just don’t understand.

Mothers Day is easy.
Even Arbor Day I get.
But what the heck is Labor Day?
I haven’t learned that yet.

All I know is banks are closed.
Schools are all closed too.
No one works on Labor Day,
It’s too good to be true!

Labor Day’s a mystery.
Who knows why it’s there?
But if it means a whole day off,
Then I don’t really care.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good one. I agree, who cares as long as it's a holiday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home