Lazblog

Your source for the humorous commentary, clever poetry, curious thoughts, dumb jokes and inane ramblings of Adam Lazarus.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Sawyer's First Photos

It’s been a crazy few days since Sawyer’s birth. A lot of crying, spitting up and whining…and that was just me after I got the hospital bill! HI-YO! But I finally had 10 minutes in between feedings and work and family nuttiness to upload some of the pictures of his first hours and days. It’s the standard new baby photos but I excluded the gross ones of him covered in “delivery slime” and any of people crying. Your welcome. And no I don’t have any with his eyes open, or doing anything cool or in funny shirts just yet. It’s been 4 days people…cut me some slack.

But seriously, thank you all for your calls, cards, visits, gifts, flowers and dinners…we are very blessed to be surrounded by people as wonderful as you all. Sawyer is a lucky kid to be joining this great circle of friends and family.

Enjoy the photos. As soon as I have a free moment I’ll send more pix, commentary and maybe even a Logan update…so that should be around 2023. I should have 15 minutes of free time around then.

Here they are:
The man of the hour. Sawyer Charles Lazarus at 5 minutes old. What’s weird though is he actually came out with those bracelets already on. Doctor said it was a first.

See the resemblance? My wrist looks just like his head…covered in hair! Is he my kid or what? Poor little guy, he has no idea what awaits him.

Safe and warm in Mommy’s arms instead of her uterus.

Here he is at 30 minutes old…my how he’s grown since 25 minutes earlier!

Proud papa with son #2 and man do I look terrible! But you’d look like that too if you saw what I saw. Those who’ve been in the “delivery trenches” know what I mean. Some of the things you see and hear just shouldn’t be seen and heard. War may be hell but seeing a baby delivered is pretty damn close.

Cleaned, fed and relaxed after his 12 minute trip down the birth canal.
Logan’s first look at his new baby brother and his bigger family. We had to bribe him with cake for him to smile here. (By the way, there was no cake…SUCKA!)
Logan testing why they call it the “soft spot”.

The little Lazarus boys leaving the hospital. And what a ride it was! Nothing but car seats, crying and complaining for 30 minutes…just magical.

Daddy double duty on the first day at home. Entertaining two at once is harder than it looks. I mean look at me! I look like a meth head! Just awful. That’s what no sleep in 96 hours does to a person. And this was a couple of days ago…imagine how bad I look now. I’m making myself sick just typing about it.

The new and improved Lazarus family…now a complete foursome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home