Lazblog

Your source for the humorous commentary, clever poetry, curious thoughts, dumb jokes and inane ramblings of Adam Lazarus.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween's Here

Halloween’s here! I always forget.
I still haven’t picked out my costume yet!
What do I do? If I’m not mistaken,
All the best costumes are already taken.

I’ve clicked on the websites, been to the shops,
Seen tons of costumes, makeup and props.
I want a costume that’s one of a kind.
Costumes like those are the hardest to find.

Goblins are boring. Ghouls are too easy.
Pirates and witches and devils are cheesy.
Mummies are mundane. Skeletons stink.
What can I be this year? C’mon man, think!

Cowboys are corny and vampires suck.
I can’t find a costume! I’m having no luck.
Werewolves are worn out. Soldiers are sour.
It’s all coming down to the last final hour!

I want something clever, not cliché or trite,
Something creative for Halloween night.
Nothing that costs me a great deal of money.
Scary, yet topical. Classic, yet funny.

I hate wearing makeup and won’t wear a mask.
Thinking of costumes is such a hard task.
I got it! I’ll put a sheet over my head,
Am I dressed like a ghost? No man…

I’m a bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home