Lazblog

Your source for the humorous commentary, clever poetry, curious thoughts, dumb jokes and inane ramblings of Adam Lazarus.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Ode To Turkey

A Thanksgiving classic by me...

"Ode to Turkey" by Adam Lazarus

Turkey, you are just the best,
With your juicy legs and breast.
Dipped in gravy, you're so great,
Piled on my dinner plate.

White meat, dark meat, doesn't matter,
Served upon your silver platter.
Filled with stuffing, hot and yummy,
Can't wait 'til you're in my tummy.

Turkey, with your golden hue,
I think I'm in love with you.
Basted in delicious spice,
Every bite of you tastes nice.

I like you with pumpkin pie,
Cranberries in large supply,
Potatoes, whether mashed or sweet,
Make my turkey meal complete.

On Thanksgiving every year,
You fill up my day with cheer.
Stuffed and cooked then carved to eat,
Turkey, you can not be beat.

Back since Pilgrims had their feast,
Turkey, you have never ceased.
No one loves you more than me,
You're my favorite type of "key."

Yes, I'm sad you met your end,
For this holiday, my friend.
But you made so many smile,
That it seems to me worthwhile.

This year I'll eat all I can,
Turkey, I'm your biggest fan.
You're the best, in every way,
I give thanks for you this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home